Thursday, September 10, 2009

Vendor Spotlight - Candace Jeffery Photography

I had the pleasure of meeting Candace for coffee last week during my trip to CT and we had such a good time! I love her relaxed nature and her work clearly speaks for itself. Enjoy the interview!




Company:
Candace Jeffery Photography
Photographer: Candace and Josh Jeffery
Phone: 860.227.2684
Website: www.candacejefferyphotography.com
Blog: www.candacejeffery.blogspot.com

Candace and Josh are also on Facebook!

Number of Years in Business: I graduated from the Hallmark Institute of Photography in 2002 and have been professionally working ever since. My husband, Josh, has also been working with me for about 3 1/2 years now.

Preferred Wedding Locations: The first one is is the Wadsworth Mansion (Middletown, CT). It's absolutely stunning and is also the place where Josh and I got married. The next is the Lord Thompson Manor (Thompson, CT). I love how they do a weekend getaway package for the bride. Also, I love how the reception takes place in different rooms so guests are constantly surprised. Another favorite is the Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station (Haddam, CT). They've been around for about 2 years now so they're brand new and are state-of-the-art. And then finally, a place that I just went to, is the Society Room of Hartford. The place is just incredible and breathtaking.

Pricing Information: Pricing starts at $3,000. They are all custom packages so we suggest to brides start with the base package and build on that.

What makes me stand out in my industry? I feel like our images really stand out because they tend to be more edgy. Also because Josh and I are newlyweds (about 3 years), we can relate to our clients since we've recently been there and done that, along with constantly communicating with our bride and grooms through email or Facebook. And sometimes, like after engagement session, we often do dinner afterward with the couple -- getting to know the bride and groom is really important to us!

What do I like to do in my spare time? With the time that we have, we enjoy spending it with our 3 children and love to do things outdoors. We also like traveling – especially to the Dominican Republic where we spent our honeymoon and 1 year anniversary!

What charity am I supporting and why? The American Cancer Society. Cancer truly affects everyone, young and old, so this way I can reach as many people as possible. I am also shooting an event for the Youth United for Survival, and organization dedicated to helping youth who have been through traumatic experiences. Someone I know volunteers with them and she asked me to help out so I offered to shoot an event for them.


IMG_0822+copy



IMG_9274+copy



IMG_2496+copy



JR1I1996











No comments:

Post a Comment

 
V: 603.742.0166    E: info@kateparkerweddings.com     |      © 2009 Kate Parker Weddings & Kate Parker Flowers      |      Design by Anchorball Studios