Thursday, September 17, 2009

Vendor Spotlight: Delicious Desserts

We had the pleasure of speaking with Lisa from Delicious Desserts and are truly excited to feature her and her meticulous creations in today's vendor spotlight!


our_pastry_chef_photo


Company: Delicious Desserts
Pastry Chef: Lisa Raffael
Phone: 508.540.3352
Website: www.deliciousdesserts.net


Number of Years in Business: Just about 17 years now.

Pricing Information: Pricing starts around $5.25 per person.

What’s one of my favorite parts about my work? I love the personal element and creating something that reflects the personality of the couple.

What makes me stand out in my industry? I would have to say my experience in professional baking, and I currently teach a baking course at the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts.

What do I like to do in my spare time? When I DO have spare time, I love spending it with friends and playing the piano, which I have been doing since I was little.

What charity am I supporting and why? The American Cancer Society; I’ve know several people who’ve experienced cancer. I also work with the Special Olympics and David’s House in New Hampshire which provides a home-away-from-home and support for families with children receiving treatment through Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

What advice do you give a bride when deciding on a cake design? Design the cake of your dreams; we'll make the dreams come true! And have it come from your heart. Also, many times the bride gets stuck on the price per person. Keep an open mind and don't think about the price per person, instead think about your full budget and what you want the cake to look and taste like. Often times, not all guests eat cake so brides who think they can only spend like $5 per person can actually afford $8 per person and get the true look and taste they want.

Check out some of Lisa's fabulous work!


IMG_6248



castillo



img001



img004-1



truffles01-1



truffles15

1 comment:

  1. What a delicious post and awesome work! Thanks Kate! Adding her to my bookmark to recommend to brides :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
V: 603.742.0166    E: info@kateparkerweddings.com     |      © 2009 Kate Parker Weddings & Kate Parker Flowers      |      Design by Anchorball Studios