Thursday, October 22, 2009

Vendor Spotlight - Petals Floral Design

We love that Michelle from Petals Floral Design uses flowers from local growers and her own garden to create chic wedding arrangements and bouquets. Check out Michelle in today's Vendor Spotlight!


michellebio



Petals Floral Design

Floral Designer: Michelle Boleski
Phone: 802.793.7814
Website: www.petalsfloraldesignvt.com
Blog: www.petalsfloraldesignvt.com/blog.html
myKPW State and Budget: Vermont $25-50k and $50-80k


The Number of Years in Business: I have been in business since 2006.

Preferred Wedding Locations: I don't really have an preferred location but I have done venues in San Francisco and New York.

Pricing Information: I do not have a price list...

What makes me stand out in the industry? I graduated from Parson's School of Design and studied painting and illustration. I LOVE color and texture and I am a gardener. I often use locally grown flowers from the area and my garden. I also love collecting vintage fabric, containers and pottery and have all sorts of wonderful items to rent for weddings.

What the favorite part of my work? I love flowers and I love colors. I love helping customers plan the day and then see it all come together the day of the event. As part of my service, I pin corsages and boutonnieres on the wedding party and present bouquets. It is rewarding to hand the bride her bouquet and so far I have managed to make my brides happy on their special day.

What do you like to do in your spare time? In my spare time I am an elementary art teacher, a proud Mom of a beautiful 20 year old, and a proud owner of three dogs and a cat. I spend a lot of hours at the dog park :)

Which charity am I supporting? I support the ASPCA and Best Friends Animal sanctuary.

Do you have any tips or advice to share with brides when working with a floral designer? When working with floral designer, find out how many events the designer has the day of your wedding and be prepared to be flexible with flower choices. For colors, any color combination is possible; it's so much fun to work with all possibilities! Finally, keep in mind that you can add anything unique to your wedding day to make for an amazing day. There are so many resources and ideas on the web and in specialty stores for brides -- it's really amazing, but don't be afraid to make your own traditions.



0098


KJ086


_DSC0026


454


0005


JDL-0164


langan-0570


bridesmaids


350615850_berry_0481


WEDDING PROF Photos 006

1 comment:

  1. Love the arrangements of your flowers. It's unbelievable how many different types of flowers you have to choose from. You must be very talented and have a keen eye for color!

    ReplyDelete

 
V: 603.742.0166    E: info@kateparkerweddings.com     |      © 2009 Kate Parker Weddings & Kate Parker Flowers      |      Design by Anchorball Studios