Thursday, November 5, 2009

"Trash the Dress" Photographer Series: Candace Jeffery Photography, Part III

The concept of Trash the Dress is exploding onto the scene of wedding photography and there are endless concepts to consider and create for each photo shoot. Equally important to the thoughts and ideas of the photographers, are the thoughts and wishes of the Bride. Below we have summarized the experience of Selena, the bride from part I and II of our "Trash the Dress" Photographer Series with Candace Jeffery Photography. KM

Check out Part I and Part II of Candace's Trash the Dress display, including her thoughts on what Trash the Dress means to her and preparation images of the Trash the Dress Process.


IMG_0213 copy

How did you learn about Candace Jeffery?

I was visiting Brides to Be in Glastonbury, Connecticut, and the one item that I walked out of the store with was a postcard listing Candace’s information on it. Intrigued from her reading her postcard, I looked more into Candace’s work on her site and I saw this one picture of a bride in and old factory; it was a Trash the Dress photo and I loved it! Candace’s work is very artsy, and I loved, well all of her work! And she’s also very easy to get along with as she has so many great ideas.

I decided to have Candace not only do my engagement session and wedding, but also Trash the Dress. And I just have to say that I’m someone who’s never liked pictures of myself. Candace made me feel so good about myself especially after looking at the photos she has captured, so it made me more comfortable about doing something like Trash the Dress.

How did you learn about Trash the Dress?

I actually came across it on the Internet and saw photos of other brides doing it – some to the total extreme. And I thought many of the photos were artsy, fun and cool, and I loved the idea of preserving my dress with photos. And for me, my expectation was not to ruin my dress, but perhaps to get a little messy

What was the location for your photos?

We went to Harkness Memorial State Park in Waterford, Connecticut. This was the place where we wanted to get married but it was a little too much for my wedding day, so this was a nice contrast.

How would you describe your Trash the Dress Experience?

It was so much fun! I wanted something that was outside the box and a little different, like a piece of art that I can hang in my home. Like I mentioned before, this was the perfect way to preserve my dress, rather than just having it sit in my closet. And on my wedding day, there were pictures that I wanted to take but I didn’t want to get my dress all dirty. And one of my favorite parts of the day was getting all glammed up again. Getting hair and makeup done makes me feel so pretty!

Selena - Bride


IMG_9895 copy



IMG_9618 copy

IMG_9733 copy

IMG_6989 copy

IMG_0002 copy

IMG_0101 copy

IMG_0084 copy

IMG_9640 copy

IMG_9630 copy

IMG_9694 copy

IMG_9590 copy

IMG_9854 copy

IMG_9794 copy

IMG_9444 copy



Candace Jeffery Photography
Phone: 860.227.2684
Website: www.candacejefferyphotography.com
Blog: www.candacejeffery.blogspot.com
myKPW State and Budget: CT $25-50k




LogosTracedR4
Candace Jeffery Photography is a member of my Kate Parker Wedding, a new online wedding resource guide launching in January 2010 geared toward directing brides to quality vendors based on their price range and state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
V: 603.742.0166    E: info@kateparkerweddings.com     |      © 2009 Kate Parker Weddings & Kate Parker Flowers      |      Design by Anchorball Studios