Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Vendor Spotlight - Birch Blaze Photography

Connecting with a bride and groom is imperative to Kerry and Taylor of Birch Blaze Photography in order to capture all essential moments of a wedding. Check out Birch Blaze Photography in today's Vendor Spotlight!


kerry-tay_b-w


Birch Blaze Photography

Phone: 603.539.4480
Website: www.nhweddingphotographer.com
Blog: www.birchblazephotography.com
myKPW State and Budget: MA, ME, VT - under $25k


Number of years in business:
Taylor and I have about 10 years of professional photography experience between us. We began accepting wedding bookings in 2009, prior to that we were involved in commercial photography, primarily in the food/hospitality industry. I (Kerry) have a background in graphic design and for the past few years have also been the layout artist/photo editor for a globally distributed water sports photo journal which has helped hone my skills at photo retouching and album design. We both have always had a love for photography and people, so photographing people on one of the happiest days of their lives has become the perfect meeting place of our passions and creativity.

Preferred Wedding/Engagement Session Locations:
We prefer natural, outdoor settings, but urban locations can also be great. With e-sessions, a location that means something to the couple will nicely complement the shoot and make them feel more comfortable. Of course, capturing the essence of two people--who they are, what they’re feeling and what they mean to one another--is the main goal of any wedding or engagement session. With that in mind, virtually any location can be “worked” to make the shoot a success.

Pricing Information:
Our wedding packages currently start at $1875. E-sessions are $200.

What makes me stand out in the industry? There are so many great wedding photographers out there right now so standing out in the industry is a pretty tall order! Of course, we believe in our craft and are very proud of the images we produce, and our desire is to work with couples who feel a connection to the way we approach our photography. If we stand out in the industry to you, as a bride and groom, then it’s pretty likely we will be a great fit for you. Being a great fit for any couple that hires us is our ultimate goal.

What's the favorite part of my work?


Kerry: I really enjoy the editing process. Opening up those images you’ve amassed from the day’s shoot and seeing them onscreen is so exciting! Then there are so many creative choices you can make in taking them from camera to print. So fun. I also enjoy absorbing the plethora of blogs, tutorials and interviews available online. There’s no end to the generous stream of instruction from top pros in the industry and I can’t get enough. Of course, nothing beats the basic action of picking up a camera and taking a picture and obviously, the more you do it, the better you become.

Taylor: Artistically speaking, being able to spend my days doing something creative and fulfilling is wonderful. It’s hard to say one thing that I enjoy the most but I do love photographing people. Each shoot becomes unique because every individual is different and we have the incredible privilege of finding and capturing those qualities and characteristics.

What do I like to do in my spare time?


Kerry: The main reason I love my life is that I get to spend almost all day, every day with my best friend, soulmate and Wife, Taylor. So in addition to getting to work together, my favorite spare time activity is spending time with Taylor. I have 3 children that I love hanging out with and I’m also a musician, occasionally playing out with a band or as a soloist. (Love outdoor stuff too!)

Taylor: I would have to agree with Kerry on being able to spend so much of our time together. I so enjoy being with him and find myself perpetually joyful in his presence. So, that’s pretty fantastic. I also love hiking, kayaking, camping, etc… anything that affords me the opportunity to be outside. I love music and I’ve been taking cello lessons for a little over a year and that has been a challenging but great experience. Lastly, I must admit I also have an affinity for the Golden Girls.

What charity am I supporting and why? The American Cancer, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, and the ASPCA. We’ve opted for all three because they’re all great causes and every family is affected by at least one of the issues that these charities address. (We had a hard time picking just one!)



Birchblaze-7789


Birchblaze-7615


Birchblaze-8532


Birchblaze-8479


Birchblaze-8461


Birchblaze-7845


Birchblaze-8499


Birchblaze-8567


Birchblaze-8560


Birchblaze-8014


Birchblaze-8721


Birchblaze-8763





LogosTracedR4
my Kate Parker Wedding is a new online wedding resource guide launching in January 2010 geared toward directing brides to quality vendors based on their price range and state.

1 comment:

 
V: 603.742.0166    E: info@kateparkerweddings.com     |      © 2009 Kate Parker Weddings & Kate Parker Flowers      |      Design by Anchorball Studios