Friday, August 28, 2009

My KPW Photo Shoot - No. 2, The Story Behind the Photography

Spending a day with Liesl from Claris Photography is no ordinary day. Her ability to find unique locations and capture elegant moments is amazing and quite an art form (her sense of humor is also one-of-a-kind)!


KMann009


Time of Shoot: 2:00pm
Bride: Kate
Hair: Hair that Moves - Lena Hartford
Makeup: Joya beauty - Joanne McDonough
Photographer: Claris Photography
Accessories: Occasions Bridal and Tuxedos
Flowers: Apotheca Flower Shoppe
Location: selected urban areas in Portsmouth

Liesl shares with us some of her thoughts around the shoot and particular shots...

As I do with all of my shoots, I usually have an image or images in my head way in advance of what I visualize. I wanted to have a more Urban/City type feel for my images and pictured locations in Portsmouth that I hoped to find. Typically, I have this type of thing already "scouted" and planned, but this time the fun was actually in walking the city blocks in search of hidden gems. The model I had was also an adventurous type of person and I knew she would be up for a challenge. A couple of times I would have her wait a few moments while I scoured the streets to come back for her...but working in this "in the moment" style brought a few challenges; ultimately it felt free and allowed for much creativity on both of our parts.



MannUp175

For this shot, I chose the dramatic angle because it is powerful yet feminine. Often I try shooting objects in a manor that people don't usually see them everyday which I feel adds interest and makes one look again and say "what is that?". Adding a person into this type of shot just gives it personality.




MannUp154

We kept finding ourselves in the "entrances" of strangers' apartments. In this shot, this amazing den-like entrance added shape and with her arms mimicking this outline it allowed her body to be soft and graceful.




MannUp149

I try to view a posture from all angles and created this shot from inside the den, which changed the look with very dramatic lighting. And of course we seemed to get caught EVERY time as we were greeted by the owner of the apartment trying to get in the door...oh well!




MannUp130

I have always loved the look of femininity in a rough surrounding. The contrast is very interesting to me so I loved the location here - and it was fun to watch the model trying to avoid getting hit by oncoming traffic :) It would have been easier without the 5 inch heels but at least we know that for next time!




MannUp122

I was trying to forget I was still in NH so I pretended we were in France.




MannUp083

In these two shots, Kate was looking at me like "you're the photographer,why didn't YOU bring the quarters?!" So I thought you should all know she can be tough sometimes when she gets all done up (we really love her though!).




MannUp095

The flowers are amazingly beautiful on one's wedding day!




MannUp096

And this one is just amazing!




Since all of Liesl's photos are absolutely incredible, we can't resist showing even more!

MannUp112


MannUp115


MannUp132


MannUp135


MannUp144


MannUp159


MannUp167


MannUp170

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
V: 603.742.0166    E: info@kateparkerweddings.com     |      © 2009 Kate Parker Weddings & Kate Parker Flowers      |      Design by Anchorball Studios