Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Atlantic Laser Clinic - Firsthand MY KPW Experience

The ladies of MY KPW were graciously invited by Peter and Sharon of the Atlantic Laser Clinic to visit their locale in Maine and learn more about what they do for treatment and to actually test out the equipment. We were all instantly inquisitive about what they had to offer, especially laser hair removal! Check out each of our experiences at the clinic!


AtlanticLaser


My experience...

I met with Sharon and Peter with Liz and Kate in August to meet them and to see their clinic. Interestingly enough, all three of us wanted to get some laser hair removal- we’ll leave it at that- and Sharon was gracious enough to offer a sample so we could experience the laser treatment first hand. I would say that each of us are in a different point in our lives when it comes to dealing with pain- I just had Zachary 11 months ago so pain isn’t really an issue, Kate gets wax services on a regular basis, and Liz isn’t even a fan of a pair of tweezers. Meeting with Sharon, I knew that I would be completely comfortable getting my treatments with her and I really enjoyed and appreciated how thorough she was explaining how the laser works and how it’s different from other lasers on the market. The laser at Atlantic Laser Clinic is an alexandrite laser, which has a much longer wavelength than most lasers that claim the same effectiveness level. She explained all if the scientific facts about different wavelengths, the different types of lasers, and the different benefits of each of the laser types. After a bit of science class, I went in for the first sample and although it was a bit un-nerving for a second, Sharon made me very comfortable and explained the entire process as it was happening. Being a type 1 Diabetic since I was a child, I have been giving myself shots for 20 years. Because of this fact, I am the kind of person who doesn’t like surprise needle sticks, and I need to know exactly what’s going to happen to me before it happens. Sharon completely understood my needs and walked me through the process, explaining what she was doing and what the laser was accomplishing as she was administering the treatment. I really appreciated Sharon’s patience with me and I am scheduled to return for my second treatment in a series of three for next month. I hope this post helps explain the experience of the Atlantic Laster Clinic, as I highly recommend their services and their customer service first and foremost. We’re so glad you’ve joined the myKPW family Atlantic Laser Clinic!


Liz's experience...

I’m just going to state this right now. I DESPISE needles and any sort of “treatments” that have some medical-like device that physically connects to one’s body and causes some sort of negative feeling. I can’t even get a pedicure because the exfoliator they use is sometimes just beyond that tickly feel. Or waxing? I say no way! I didn’t even get my ears pierced until I was in college!

So Kate Parker mentioned to us one day that ALC was interested in MY KPW and asked us to come in a visit them to get a little tutorial and actually get to test the equipment. Tutorial? Fine. Test equipment? Um, I don’t do pain. So the day approached us as we sat in the waiting room, which was very relaxing given the décor and soft lighting, so I was a little more at ease. Then Sharon introduced herself to us as we sat on the couches to chat more about the laser treatment. Instantly, her calm personality and knowledge of the treatment again helped my nerves to settle. She was able to answer every one of my questions, including something I never considered. As we were discussing underarm hair removal, I brought up the question of getting Botox to treat excessive sweating (gross I know) though Sharon mentioned it’s quite common (thank gosh, I’m not the only one).

Well, she in went on to inform me that the laser treatment helps to close off the pours to reduce underarm sweating, and is safe since your body has so many other pores. She also mentioned that ingrown hairs will never be another problem. Ok, so all of this sounds great but as Kate was asked to enter the room, the nerves came back. Did I mention that I hate pain? After about 10 minutes (which wasn’t long enough) Sharon called me into the room for a little test.

As Sharon was about to get started, she showed me the laser and used it on herself first. No flinches from Sharon. Then it was my turn. Trust me, I was griding my teeth so hard as she finally she let it go. Nothing! I felt hardly anything! Ok, it did feel like something, but maybe like a very soft hit of a rubber band grazing your skin, but nothing bad at all (yes, there were a few that I felt more than others, but again, nothing hurt)! So she talked to me during the 10 minutes it took to do a "treatment" and maybe another 5 minutes for the underarms and in no time, I was all done. Man, that was easy. After many thanks to Sharon (and Peter), and a few days showering and exfoliating, I was happy to announce that hair was starting to go missing! As more and more disappeared, my shower time was totally cut down to a few minutes. Not only do I save time but also I don’t really need to buy any more razors, cream, or baby oil. LOVE IT! I am so going back for my next treatment…and this time, no pre-treatment jitters!


Kate Mann's experience...

Having spent thousands of dollars over the past seven years as an avid “waxer”, making my first trip to the Atlantic Laser Clinic with the ladies of MY KPW was very exciting for me. The idea of permanent hair removal in just three visits to the clinic was extremely appealing and when we sat down with Sharon to go over how the process worked I was beyond thrilled. Not only was the process simple, each visit took a quarter of the time of my typical waxing appointments and there was no residual pain after the treatment! As anyone who has been waxed knows, when you leave a waxing appointment you can defiantly feel the after effects which can be quite uncomfortable. When I walked out of the clinic, there was no pain at all, in fact it felt like nothing had been done to me at all!

My favorite part of the laser hair removal in comparison to my typical waxing is that there is no required hair growth in order to have the laser treatment. With waxing you need a good 1/4in. of growth, which can be extremely inconvenient, especially in the warmer months, but with the laser hair removal, you are free to shave between appointments if need be.

After competing my first treatment at the Laser Clinic I am able to see first hand the positive effects of the laser treatment and I can’t wait to go back for my second visit. My entire experience was incredible and I would highly suggest a visit to the clinic to anyone, especially my fellow waxers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
V: 603.742.0166    E: info@kateparkerweddings.com     |      © 2009 Kate Parker Weddings & Kate Parker Flowers      |      Design by Anchorball Studios