Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Vendor Spotlight - So Chic Events

Whether you are looking for a full service planner, wedding day coordination or invitations and custom designs, these are among the many services that So Chic Events offers bride to create that dream wedding. Check out Shelby from So Chic Events in today's Vendor Spotlight!


shelby



So Chic Events

Planner: Shelby O'Connell
Location: Mendon, Massachusetts
Phone: 508.478.2309
Website: www.sochicevents.com
Blog: www.sochicevents.blogspot.com

Number of Years in Business: It was 3 years in June.

Preferred Wedding Locations: I can't really say that I have preferred locations as I really love working at different places -- it just makes it more fun to me. But, that being said, I love locations that are different, either an offbeat venue or one with great architecture. They just add so much character to the day. I also like locations that are especially meaningful to the couple, it makes the day as a whole much more special, especially when they share with their guests the reason for choosing it.

Pricing Information: I have packages that range anywhere from $120 for 2 hours of consulting to $4,000+ for full service planning. Because every client is different and may not need all the services I offer under a specific package, I am happy to customize a package tailored to their individual needs and budget.

What makes me stand out in my industry? Well I can only speak for myself but when a client hires me I give them the attention they deserve. I make it a point to be available pretty much whenever they need me. Having 2 little boys I find myself often working late after they're in bed and it's not rare for me to respond to an email at 1:00 AM. So when they think of something late at night and email me, it's often that they hear back from me before morning! They know they can reach me at my office or email and if they need me right away they have my cell phone. I don't mind helping them with little things like assembling favors or invitations, my job is to make their engagement enjoyable and the planning process easier. In addition to that I love the creative aspect surrounding my job. I have a keen eye for detail and honestly believe even the smallest detail matters. Often times it's the littlest ones that pull it all together. My ultimate goal is to help them personalize their day and make it unique.

What do I like to do in my spare time? Although spare time is rather rare, when I have it I love to spend time with family and friends, riding my Harley, skiing, reading a great book, being silly with my boys or doing anything crafty.

What charity am I supporting and why? I chose to support the American Cancer Society because unfortunately it has touched my life from several angles. I've known several people of all ages who have battled cancer, some who've lost the battle. It's a frightening thing because it doesn't discriminate, it can attack anyone, young or old. On a very personal level, my father is currently battling it for the 3rd time. Being a "daddy's girl" he has always been my rock and to see him remain strong through something like this just makes me admire him more. He's the strongest man I know and he's never stopped fighting. He's always put his family first, he's truly an amazing man and would do almost anything for anyone. I couldn't ask for a better dad. I hope someday they'll find a cure not just for him but for anyone that has had to go through it.



37



davejeninvite



07



14.2 (1)



29



16

1 comment:

 
V: 603.742.0166    E: info@kateparkerweddings.com     |      © 2009 Kate Parker Weddings & Kate Parker Flowers      |      Design by Anchorball Studios